How to download all your DMs and tweets before deactivating or deleting your account
Fears about Twitter’s untimely demise have also been floating about on the internet.
If that happens, or you choose to quit the social media platform by deactivating your account, all your DMs, tweets, etc will be erased with it unless you make them available locally by downloading them.
Thankfully, Twitter allows users to download the entire account data including tweets and DMs. Wondering how? Follow our step-by-step guide:
Steps to download Twitter data using web
- On the Twitter website, log in using your credentials
- Click More in the main navigation menu at the left of your timeline
- Select Settings and privacy
- Then, choose Account under Settings
- Click on Twitter data under Data and permissions.
- Enter your account password when asked and click Request archive
After this, the request will be registered and processed. Do note that the process may take up to 24 hours.
Steps to download Twitter data using Android and iOS apps
- Tap the navigation menu icon to access the main menu
- Tap Settings and privacy
- Select Account
- Tap Your Twitter data under Data and permissions
- Confirm your password, then tap Request archive
5 things to know about Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover tomorrow